Kali tried body boarding and didn't like it. I was very surprised that she even tried it. I'm pretty sure she'll try it again next time that we're there.
Kade contemplating whether to go out any further.
He changed his mind quickly when the waves knocked him down. Mr. No Fear stayed on the beach and close to me. Then he gained his confidence when we were leaving. He did great his first time at the beach.
Cole was stuck on land. He liked the waves when I took him out to the water. As you can see in the background all the seaweeds, besides the brown, yucky water that makes Galveston not a beautiful beach.
Enoch had a blast playing tag with the waves. He is a natural in the water.


I was taking pictures of the kids when a lady and her daughter approached me. She asked about my nationality (I get this all the time and most of the time people think I'm Filippina). I always laugh when this happens. I told her that I'm Laotian, then she surprised me by speaking Thai to me. She had adopted a Thai girl and actually lived in Thailand for years. Her husband works for a company that has an office there. She and her children learned how to read, write, and speak Thai. How neat was that! I enjoyed talking with her and her family. I hardly speak Lao anymore, except when I speak with my parents and stake president ( he served a Lao speaking mission in Fresno 1992-1994).





6 comments:
Yucky beach or not, how fun! We aren't near the ocean. Just toxic lake erie. Enjoyed the post!
looks like the kids loved. that's what matters, right!? how fun!
The kids look great! It's neat that you were able to speak Loa. I've never heard you speak it before.
Fun pictures. My kids love the beach, yucky or not.
I miss having galvaston so close by. It looks like you had a lot of fun. You're so brave to take all the kids with out Jared. WHAT A GREAT MOM YOU ARE.
Loa: An ancient language spoken by the small creatures of far eastern Loastan. This language was almost completely extinct by the mid 1800's, but was brought back into popularity by Laotian-American females from California. Many people think these few Loa speakers have not mastered the art of English grammer, however, the leaving off of the letter "s" where one would normally apply it, or adding an additional "s" where one would think the noun should be singular is, in fact, the traditional Loa usage. Example: "Where are my roller blade?"
Post a Comment