It's been awhile since I blogged, but I want to share my conversation with Enoch today. We were waiting in a line of car to pick up Cole's medicine. We were at the grocery store earlier, every kids dream place to go after school, so he was getting anxious to get home (to his X-Box game). I'm patiently listening to his griping when a car pulled up next to the car by the window and stopped. A lady got out and walked up to the window and got her meds. I know-RUDE!! I was more upset that the cashier gave the meds to her in the first place, but I didn't say anything (out loud!). Apparently, Enoch noticed this lady too.
Enoch: Hey, that girl cutted in line!
Me: Yes, she did.
Enoch: Big people cut too!?
Me: Yes, big people cut too, but only the inconsiderate ones.
Enoch: Oh....
a couple of minutes later (we're a car away from the pick-up window).....
Enoch: What is taking so long?
Me: Be patient. We're next.
Enoch: Why is that truck taking so, so long?
Me: I don't know.
Enoch: Is he robbing them?
Me: No, Enoch, he's NOT robbing them. He is just picking up his medicine like what we're doing.
Enoch: Does he look like a robber?
Me (wanting this robber conversation to end): No, he doesn't look like a robber. Why don't you sing a song to Kade and Cole.
Enoch (singing): "Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell..........."
Kade (singing): "Jenga Fett, Jenga Fett.........."
I'm smiling while listening to them sing. Yes, our monkeys like, no LOVE, Star Wars! This reminds me of an incident a couple of weeks earlier.
We were at a friend's house for dinner. The hostess told the kids if they want dessert they have to clear the table. Kali and Enoch did as they were told. When they finished, Enoch said "The area is secured." I just love having conversation with the kiddos because you never know what they will say OR ask.





5 comments:
Hi Dara! That was a super cute story. Tell the kids we said hi and y'all have a great Christmas!
Very cute! Miss you, changed my cell, don't have your number anymore...call my house so I can get it!!! You got us on star wars too--Durham got tons of star wars figures for Christmas and EVERYONE got light sabers!!!! The noisy ones! Thanks Dara!
I had such a good time reading your blog today! It's striking how much the kids look like both you and Jared. Love ya!
*heidi
How absolutly fun and adorable. I love kids. Happy happy Birthday. miss ya
Okay Dara, UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!!! I want to see new pics!!! You have a cute family, I want to see them!
Post a Comment