It was confirmed Friday that Cole has chicken pox. He is in the later stages of it where they are just scabbing over. My apologies to anyone that may have been exposed to him. How did we not know this, you might ask. In the last month or so Cole had ant and mosquito bites and hives, therefore, I didn't think the spots on his head, legs, and arms were anything but bug bites. Jared and I haven't seen or heard of anyone with chicken pox in a very, very long time. He doesn't go to daycare and we don't know anyone who has chicken pox.
We don't know when or from where he got it. It's a mystery to us. We think he may have been exposed to it when Jared took him to the ER for his hives. You never know what you will bring home with you from the ER.
He is doing well besides the occasional scratching of the head. We rubbed cream on his head and that has eased the discomfort. The older ones have been vaccinated, so we will see if it works. Kade had the first part of the vaccine when he was one and will get the second when he turns four. He had a fever two nights ago, so we will be watching closely for spots. Spots, spots, we don't want to see spots.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
The Case of The Pox
Posted by JD at 11:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh mercy. Poor little guy! I didn't have chicken pox until I was 20! Wasn't fun either.
Jared, can't you figure out the hives with muscle testing? My chiro finally figured out my hives with that and it was potatoes. I've been fine since. We use the chiro as our primary care physician now. LOVE that guy. :)
Good luck with the spots!
Bummer. I hate it when the little one get sick. Hope he'll recover quickly.
Post a Comment